School Lunch Menu
All our school meals are provided by Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Why choose school meals?
Lunch time is an important part of a child’s school day, giving pupils a break with friends and the chance to re-charge their batteries ready for the afternoon’s activities. We think that there are many good reasons why choosing a school meal is a good lunchtime option for children at the school:
Quality meal provision
- All meals use fresh high quality ingredients. The tasty school meals, provide lots of choice and great variety with menus operating on a 3 week cycle. All meat and poultry used is fresh and locally sourced and our fresh vegetables and potatoes are locally sourced. We don’t use any preservatives, colouring or additives that are unsuitable for children.
- The Halal meals, provided for our Muslim children, are 100% authentic with an approved and fully audited supply chain.
- There are no nuts or Genetically Modified (GM) foods on offer and salt, fat and sugar content is kept to a minimum across the whole menu.
- Non meat choices are available every day
- Special dietary needs can be catered for
- A school meal provides excellent value for money and allows you to budget and plan.
- They are a really cost effective way to ensure your child has a healthy balanced meal at lunchtimes.
- Pupils can choose from either two-course hot meals or sandwich-based options. These meals are provided free to all primary school pupils in Reception class and Years 1 & 2 and cost only£1.80 for pupils in Years 3 to 6.
The complete menu range is available for children eligible for free school meals.
Please note: parents should still register their child for free school meals if eligible through pupil premium funding as they will also be entitled to £50 of school uniform. Please ensure you are registered with Bradford Education in order to take advantage of this.
- By choosing school meals you can rest assured that your child has a tasty and nutritious meal everyday, packed full of the goodness that growing bodies need.
- Our menus meet the government’s nutritional standards for school meals.
- Children who eat a well balanced diet at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration levels in the afternoon, improving their learning, behaviour and health.
- It saves you the time and effort of planning and preparing a varied and nutritious lunch for your child
- It’s one less job for busy parents to do
- No need to worry about the lunch box contents during the warm weather
- Provides the opportunity to further develop their social skills as they sit down with friends to enjoy their meals.
- School meals help encourage good eating habits from an early age.
- There are plenty of opportunities to try new foods, either on the standard menu or as part of our regular promotional theme menus.
- Our well trained catering teams are helpful, friendly and there to ensure your child is satisfied with their meal choice.
- The promotional events we regularly hold add even more fun and enjoyment to our customer’s lunchtime experience.