At Sandy Lane all children have the right to be safe guarded from harm and exploitation whatever their:
- Race, religion, first language of ethnicity
- Gender or sexuality
- Health and Disability
- Political or immigration status
The pupils of our school know and trust that they can talk to staff who are available to them. Their first point of contact is their class teacher.
We believe in working with parents open and honestly. We respect parents’ rights to privacy and confidentiaity and will not share sensitive information unless we have permission or it is necessary to do so in order to protect the child.
We will commucate and share any concerns we have about their child unless to do so may place a child at risk of harm. If on discovery, or suspicion of, child abuse the child protection procedures are as follows:-
The named person for child protection would take the following steps:-
- A child protection referral for Children’s Initial Contact Point would be made without delay.
- If the named person is unsure whether it is a child protection issue they may seek advice from Children’s Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit Consultation Service.
- Named persons’ may also seek advice from the Education Social Work Service.
For your support we employ bilingual staff; they are able to offer Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi and Czech/Slovakian.
Click on link below to view our Child Protection policy: