A world of opportunities
Sandy Lane provides opportunities to:
- Learn together through a wide range of memorable experiences.
- Achieve the highest standards and do the basics brilliantly.
- Develop a deep understanding of others through the rich diversity of the school community.
- Be nurtured within our school family to become socially confident, kind and considerate young people.
- Embrace new challenges, thinking and reasoning for themselves.
- Have a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
Sandy Lane is a large Primary School in Bradford Local Authority. It was established as a small Victorian school 130 years ago, and is currently a one and a half form entry school taking 45 pupils into Reception each year. The school changed from a First School to a Primary School in September 2000 as part of the Bradford School’s re-organisation. We have children from the age of 4 to 11 years, in 7 year groups divided between 11 classes.
Our classes are named after famous Bradfordians:-
- Early Years classes are Ladybirds and Butterflies
- Key Stage 1 classes are Priestley, Bronte and Lister.
- Lower Key Stage 2 classes are Delius, Jowett and Salt.
- Upper Key Stage 2 classes are Hutton, Hockney, Appleton and Forster.